Friday 12 July 2013

The mutation continues: Place and Space Research (aka PAS Training and Research; aka (Ray) HOLDEN PUBLISHING & RESEARCH)

Like a chameleon, this business venture continues to change colours. I have just received an email alerting me to the new face of the organisation I have first written about here, with updates here and here. Holden Research and Publishing, later re-branded PAS Research and Training, is now called "Place and Space Research".

They have a brand new website, a twitter account (which basically promotes their courses) and a facebook page, where there is not a single post by members of the page and only a handful of likes are evident – one of which is by Nikki Holden (who I believe to be the wife of Mr Ray Holden and who was the ‘director of operations’ at Ray Holden Publishing). They have been promoting a substantial number of training courses taking place throughout 2013. I wonder if these are of the same standard of the virtual conference that started my coverage of this organisation...

By the way, they have now dropped the ‘virtual’ / non-existent journal, although just this January were still promoting it.

PS: Thank you to the various people who continue to send me emails telling me more about the organisation and its people, as well as their most recent activity.

1 comment:

  1. It get's worse, now many legitimate organisations are promoting these courses.

    ReplyDelete